Winning Wisdom: Your Commitment-Flatimes

Thursday 24 November 2016

Winning Wisdom: Your Commitment

Author: Ese Ehimare Dave
Topic: Your Commitment [Thursday, 24th Nov. 2016]

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain my own ways before him. Job 13:15

What is my commitment to God hinged on? What is the basis of my Christianity? Am I a christian because of what God is going to do for me? Will I be committed to God and His course if He doesn't do what I want? Or do I love God absolutely with or without His blessings? These are questions we must answer. God loves us absolutely and is committed to us with or without the things we do for Him. And He expects same from us. Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:12 - "I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound..." That is, his commitment to God is not hinged on anything.

Three Hebrew boys, in Daniel 3, were faced with an impending execution in an inferno. They had the choice to save their lives, by denying God, and pledging their allegiance to the king of Babylon and his golden image, but they chose not to save their lives because their commitment to God was absolute and was not based on the safety He provides them. They said to King Nebuchadnezzar "if it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden golden image which thou hast set tup" (Daniel 3:17-18). They were willing to loose their lives and stick with their commitment to God.

Job said: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain my own ways before him" (Job 13:15). That is, even if He withholds every good thing from me, I will still trust in Him. I will not stray from His path. I will not tell Him He is no longer my God. I will not question His love for and commitment to me. I will absolutely pour my love on Him. I will, instead of following a path that will lead me away from Him, stick closer to Him. This is the kind of commitment and love we must have for God. Is your commitment to God absolute?

Keep winning daily.

Prayer:

Dear Lord, thank You for loving me absolutely and for being totally committed to me. Help me to love and be absolutely committed to You too, in Jesus' Name. Amen.